The Liberal Country Music Fan

Welcome to the Liberal Country Music Fan blog. Life sometimes gets a bit Blue for us country music fans on the Left. With any luck, this blog will provide a home and a voice to us Roosevelt-lovin' Rednecks. It'll be our "Big Blue Note".

Monday, March 27, 2006

Dixie Chicks Making News with First Song Off New Album


Our favorite gals, the Dixie Chicks (iTunes), have released the first song off their new album, and it’s a hard-hitter. The song, which plays in full when you visit the girls’ website, is about the death threats they received after they dissed Bush a couple years back. The lyrics from the build:

I made my bed and I sleep like a baby
With no regrets and I don’t mind sayin’
It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her
Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they’d write me a letter
Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over

Powerful stuff. The gals wrote the song themselves (as they did for all the songs on the album). The album is due out May 23rd. Can’t wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home