The Liberal Country Music Fan

Welcome to the Liberal Country Music Fan blog. Life sometimes gets a bit Blue for us country music fans on the Left. With any luck, this blog will provide a home and a voice to us Roosevelt-lovin' Rednecks. It'll be our "Big Blue Note".

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Poll on Dixie Chicks Shows Split Opinions


In a new poll, Country Weekly is asking visitors to its website “Are you still mad at the Dixie Chicks?” As of this posting, 43.6 percent of respondents said that they were “never mad at them in the first place” and 48.0 percent said they are still mad at the Chicks (iTunes). The remaining 8.4 percent of respondents said they had forgiven and forgotten.

I don’t quite know if I am disappointed or excited by the results of this poll. I am comforted that 43.6 percent of Country Weekly readers never got pissed at the Chicks for expressing their negative opinions about Bush. However, I am disappointed that of the 50+ percent of readers that were mad, only 8.4 percent had moved on. I guess I hoped that they would have realized the pointlessness of their anger. I don’t agree with Sara Evans’ views, for example, but I am not furious at her for expressing them. That is her right! And I still like hearing her songs on the radio, dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home