The Liberal Country Music Fan

Welcome to the Liberal Country Music Fan blog. Life sometimes gets a bit Blue for us country music fans on the Left. With any luck, this blog will provide a home and a voice to us Roosevelt-lovin' Rednecks. It'll be our "Big Blue Note".

Thursday, May 18, 2006

John Rich: A VERY Generous Man

Living up to the lyrics of several of his songs, John Rich of Big & Rich was reported to have given a $1,000 tip on a $45 bar tab while in D.C. for the Rally to Stop Genocide in Darfur. The lucky bartender, a fan and fellow West Texas-native, apparently got on Amarillo-born Rich’s good side talking about Texas sports.

A lyrical excerpt from “Kick My Ass” off of Big & Rich's debut album, “Horse of a Different Color”:
“Well I walked up to the bar
I laid down my platinum card
Then I ordered fifty longnecks for my new friends...”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home