The Liberal Country Music Fan

Welcome to the Liberal Country Music Fan blog. Life sometimes gets a bit Blue for us country music fans on the Left. With any luck, this blog will provide a home and a voice to us Roosevelt-lovin' Rednecks. It'll be our "Big Blue Note".

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Midterms are SO Un-country

So my other job - being a grad student at UC Santa Barbara - won out for the past week and a half. Yes, even wannabe cowboys have midterms. My rule-of-thumb is to follow the rules-of-thumb of my favorite Bruce Springsteen website, Backstreets.com. They go two weeks or so without an update at times. I only made ya’ll wait 1 1/2 weeks, so be thankful. Wanna help make updates more frequent? Become a contributor! Send me an e-mail for more info.

In any case, I’m back in the saddle again. Hell, I never left it.

And speaking of wannabes and saddles, check out this poser atrocity from the bicycle heaven that is UCSB. I don’t think this is what Kenny Chesney (iTunes) is talking about when he sings:

Well she ain't into cars or pick up trucks
But if it runs like a Deere man her eyes light up



Get a real farm, buddy!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:29 PM, Anonymous liberalcountrybicyclingfan said…

    Mechanical horses are horses, too! Yee-haw!

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Ken said…

    Was wondering, wondering, wondering. Well Bruce Springstein, speaking for and from the heart of America (has he declared yet) has my vote too.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home